24.–25. November 2022, English/German, hybrid
Focused Tutorial on Capturing, Enriching, Disseminating Research Data Objects – Use Cases from Text+, NFDI4Culture and BERD@NFDI
Presented use cases address capture, enrichment and dissemination of research data objects. Capture involves the creation of digital surrogates (e.g. with OCR) or the representation of existing artefacts in a digital representation (e.g. transcription). This is followed by the enrichment (e.g. annotation, tagging and association) of research data objects and is summarised with their dissemination, i.e. making them available and sharing them to support collaboration and reuse.
This Focused Tutorial will provide knowledge, methodological and technical expertise in the areas of data, metadata, taxonomies and standards with a view to the FAIR principles, and promotes a cross-disciplinary exchange and networking between the participating consortia.
24th November 2022, 10.30 a.m. – 12.45 p.m.
- “Extracting research data from historical documents with eScriptorium and Python” by Jan Kamlah, Thomas Schmidt and Renat Shigapov
- “Mixing and matching: Combining HTR and manual transcription for heterogeneous collections” by Melanie Seltmann and Stefan Büdenbender
- “Derived text formats and their evaluation” by Keli Du
24th November 2022, 2.15 p.m. – 4.30 p.m.
- “Generic vocabularies for RDM: Use and reuse of TaDiRAH” by Luise Borek and Canan Hastik
- “Editions and Linked Data: Some modes of application” by Philipp Hegel
- “Linked open data management with WissKI” by Mark Fichtner and Robert Nasarek
25th November 2022, 10.00 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.
- “Wikibase+ Semantic enrichment of media” by Lozana Rossenova
- “Semantic dissemination by Wikibase knowledge graphs” by Renat Shigapov
- “Scholarly Information Extraction for research knowledge graphs” by Stefan Dietze
*Keynote to be announced (12.30 p.m.- 1 p.m.)
The hybrid event will take place at University of Mannheim. If you want to take part, live or online, please register here. The tutorials will be held either in English or in German.