Plenary | 29. March 2023
Third NFDI4Culture Community Plenary
The Plenary is the largest annual event of NFDI4Culture, which will take place in 2023 for the first time in presence (with hybrid participation options) at the Akademie der Wissenschaften und der Literatur | Mainz. At the heart of NFDI4Culture are our communities and partners. The event, with its various interaction formats, is therefore intended to facilitate and promote mutual exchange to a very special degree.
You want to participate during the hybrid part of our plenary? Join us in Zoom from 2-8 p.m.
from 18:00: Opportunity for the consortium task areas and teams to get to know each other informally
10:00-10:15: Opening & welcome address
10:15-13:00: Workshops in presence
- Workshop 1: Semantic Kompakkt - a service for semantically annotating rich media objects by Lozana Rossenova
- Workshop 2: Music Encoding with MEI-Friend by Anna Plaksin
- Workshop 3: Co-Create! An overview of digital collaboration tools and methods by Torsten Schrade & Lambert Heller
- Legal Café: The Legal Café is an advisory service offered by the Legal Helpdesk in individual discussions on site. If booked, follow-up appointments will be made.
13:00-14:00: Lunch break
14:00-14:30: Spokesperson's report ("Roundtable") (hybrid)
14:30-15:30: Open question and answer session / dialogue with co-spokespersons (hybrid)
15:30-16:00: Coffee break
16:00-18:00: Community impulses (in Pecha Kucha format, hybrid)
18:00-18:30: Small evening meal
18:30-20:00: Celebration event (hybrid)
- Opening speech by Clemens Hoch, Minister for Science and Health Rhineland-Palatinate
- Panel discussion about "Data culture(s), digitality and digital cultural heritage" with York Sure-Vetter (Director of the German National Research Data Infrastructure NFDI), Dörte Schmidt (Speaker of the NFDI4Culture Advisory Councils and Member of the Curatorium of the NFDI), Frank Scholze (Generaldirector German National Library and Member of the Steering Board of Text+), Dr. Christin Keller (Coordination NFDI4Objects)
- Presentation of the NFDI4Culture Music Awards for digital music research
From 20:00: Music & Dance
10:00-12:30: Market of opportunities (Floor plan)
12:30-13:00: Conference Photo
13:00-14:00: Conclusion with snacks
Followed by a meeting of the Culture Steering Board.
On the morning of 30.03.23, members of the consortium will offer hands-on workshops on topics, tools and methods related to research data management in the field of tangible and intangible cultural heritage. All workshops will take place in parallel on site.
Community impulses ("Pecha-Kucha")
We cordially invite our community members to share a vision of the digital future of their discipline with us in a Pecha-Kucha format. You will have 6:40 minutes and present 20 slides in 20 seconds each. Hybrid participation is also possible. During the presentations, you can develop a position on one of the following three guiding questions from the perspective of your institution or research group:
- The future has already begun: Which forward-looking methods of the present for generating and researching with data do we need to consider in NFDI4Culture?
- Building the future: NFDI4Culture in 2028. What will be necessary, where do we want to be?
- Looking back from the future: humanities and cultural studies research in 2040. How have NFDI and NFDI4Culture changed research, publishing and teaching?
Market of Opportunities (Floor plan)
With the Market of Possibilities we offer an exchange format on site, where projects and services of NFDI4Culture as well as participants and partners of the consortium can present themselves and get into conversation with each other. Every person at the market is invited to give a short speech (max. 2 min.) in our Speakers-Corner about their own market stand, their own event or a good idea.
If you want to join digitally during the hybrid part (Thursday, 2–8 p.m.).
Any questions? Please contact: coordination-office(at)nfdi4culture(dot)de
We are looking forward to your participation.